Portergirl (April 2010)

Portergirl (April 2010)
Metamorphosis

A little information about me :-)

My photo
Within the last couple of years I’ve had some pretty exciting things happen in my life. I purchased a home, I received my first degree this past September, I was recently engaged in April, and my son graduated from high school June 4th. In an effort not to bore you with every detail of my life, I will attempt to keep it simple and mainly discuss those things that deal with my weight loss issues, goals and tasks at hand. But let’s be real, I am a female approaching marriage, surely I will touch on many other subjects.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Today is the last day to say “Tomorrow”


I had an idea to create a blog to keep myself encouraged while going on this journey of losing weight before my upcoming wedding. This started as one of those great ideas I blurted out to a couple of friends, who also thought I should go for it. I am not sure if I struggle with some kind of attention span disorder or what have you, but if I don’t jump on things when I conjure them up in my mind, they fall by the wayside…just as this blog was about to. I guess you could consider this an effort to follow through. I figured a blog would allow me to vent and get passed certain obstacles along the way. The best part of this outlet would be to have positive feedback and encouragement from family, friends and even those I may not know.

Losing weight is not a new issue for me. I’ve lost and gained more weight than should even be allowed in any one person’s lifetime. Keeping me motivated and focused is where the problem lies. About two years ago I made my mind up that I would be healthy. I exercised, ate better and accomplished losing 60lbs over a 6 month period. I was very proud of myself, not only for the weight loss, but because of how I achieved it. I thought that because I finally did it the RIGHT way, the healthy way, that I would not gain it back…surprise, surprise. I find myself talking about the 60lbs in 6 months often. I think I harp on it so much because I still can’t get over the fact that it was for nothing, however, I know that is not the case. At least now I know what lies ahead and this time I will surpass what I have accomplished in the past. OK I will move on, that was beginning to sound like one of those “Before Blastofat my children couldn’t get their arms all the way around me until now” infomercials. That is definitely not what this is about.

For the past year or so I have been saying "I will start tomorrow" and tomorrow has turned into months and months later. Tomorrow, June 15, 2010 is when I start my transformation.

Today is the last opportunity I will have to say “I will start Tomorrow.”

1 comment:

  1. this was so beautifully written Charyse!!! Im so proud of you and I know you will be successful, now you have really inspired me I need to quit saying MONDAY lol glad you wrote this I will be back to see what happens next!! :)

    ReplyDelete