Portergirl (April 2010)

Portergirl (April 2010)
Metamorphosis

A little information about me :-)

My photo
Within the last couple of years I’ve had some pretty exciting things happen in my life. I purchased a home, I received my first degree this past September, I was recently engaged in April, and my son graduated from high school June 4th. In an effort not to bore you with every detail of my life, I will attempt to keep it simple and mainly discuss those things that deal with my weight loss issues, goals and tasks at hand. But let’s be real, I am a female approaching marriage, surely I will touch on many other subjects.

Monday, June 21, 2010

The Devil is a Lie!

I am happy to report that I attended my first kickboxing class on Friday evening. I want to shout out to Michele and Tammy for showing up as well; it made the experience less embarrassing.
Let me back up a bit. I woke up Friday morning with an awful crook in my neck (GREAT). I had a couple of venues to see (for my wedding) that day and once that was over I went home to doctor on my neck. I had my massager in one hand, and then decided to try my grandmother’s old heating pad. I took 1 and half muscle relaxers and propped my head on a pillow with the heating pad underneath. When I FINALLY woke up I felt a little better but was not totally sure I should attempt kickboxing with a partially functioning neck. I refused to be defeated again so I got dressed and was on my way.
There was a combination of floor exercises along with using a kickboxing bag. It was very fast paced, but doable. We were shocked we worked up such a sweat. I enjoyed the class and it was more entertaining than being on a treadmill peeping at how much longer I have to go. I was also surprised at how sore I was the next day and TODAY. I will gladly be attending kickboxing class tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Good job Charyse keep up the good work you'll be fine as me in no time!!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you Rashaun! It was fun going with you and Michele as well. (Its me Tammy) Who would have thought the girl I was gonna "mean mug" for acting funny on your first day is someone that used to work with me?! Its not hard to believe that she did that though....(I'm just saying) My body didn't start hurting till Saturday night/Sunday & NOW!!! Mostly my tummy area because of how we had to do those crunches...*sigh will it ever be easy??!!

    ReplyDelete