Portergirl (April 2010)

Portergirl (April 2010)
Metamorphosis

A little information about me :-)

My photo
Within the last couple of years I’ve had some pretty exciting things happen in my life. I purchased a home, I received my first degree this past September, I was recently engaged in April, and my son graduated from high school June 4th. In an effort not to bore you with every detail of my life, I will attempt to keep it simple and mainly discuss those things that deal with my weight loss issues, goals and tasks at hand. But let’s be real, I am a female approaching marriage, surely I will touch on many other subjects.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Man Down


Ok, here goes... I have missed a couple of days of kickboxing. Let me not make light of the situation, it has been a week. I am now receiving phone calls from the kickboxing gym asking if I am ok.
It has just been one of those weeks and I suppose we all have them.
Although I have not done much physical activity, I have been pretty consistent with watching what I eat. I knew July 4th would be hard. There are plenty of holidays that people bbq, but on the 4th they seem to be more serious. I absolutely love anything smoked. As a kid (and still today) I can smell a pit 10 miles away. So again, I knew this would be a challenge. My fiance promised me he'd have a smoked turkey leg ready for me. There was no way I could sit with his family eating a salad as they ate all my favorite foods. I love smoked turkey legs and it was probably the only thing that could keep my mouth from salivating over ribs, potato salad, peach cobbler...*had to stop that sentence*

I feel better today and plan on attending today's class. The Bridal Extravaganza starts on tomorrow so I will be there with bells on. Attending the show will give me a much needed boost.

My weigh in is not far away..I have to work hard this coming week if I want to meet the goal I have set for myself this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment