Portergirl (April 2010)

Portergirl (April 2010)
Metamorphosis

A little information about me :-)

My photo
Within the last couple of years I’ve had some pretty exciting things happen in my life. I purchased a home, I received my first degree this past September, I was recently engaged in April, and my son graduated from high school June 4th. In an effort not to bore you with every detail of my life, I will attempt to keep it simple and mainly discuss those things that deal with my weight loss issues, goals and tasks at hand. But let’s be real, I am a female approaching marriage, surely I will touch on many other subjects.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Got My Boost


I attended the 2010 Bridal Extravaganza on yesterday and got a bit of the boost I needed. I had a ball and I want to thank "my girls", Consuela and Dietra, who are actually a part of my wedding party, for attending with me. Sometimes they appear more excited than me, but a lot of that is due to me still taking it all in.

We were there all day, and no one complained. In the beginning it was quite overwhelming. It seemed as though we stood in the same spot for 2 hours. There was no way we could see all there was to see, but as the day progressed so did we. This was quite the experience, and really that was the only reason I attended. I did not go with the intent to spend lots of money. I wanted to people watch and "oooh and ahhh" as much as I could. Don't get me wrong, I walked away with a few ideas and some ideas that were confirmed.

They covered the "rooter to the tooter" in vendors lol. Some ideas were practical, and some were elaborate.

Check these out:
Who would have thought of an elaborate porta potty for an outside wedding? Not me!

Oh and how about this:

That's right..1.4 million, but he said he'd sell it to us for 1.2 million. I had to pass though HA

Ok, there were plenty of things there that I could totally get with lol

The old school bopper in me lives...



The runway shows were nice..unfortunately we were only able to see one. There was no way we could watch all the shows and look around in one day... and there was also no way I would be going back the next day to do it all over again.


We managed to enter my name in EVERY drawing there was at George R. Brown Convention Center. Keep your fingers crossed...something free is ALWAYS nice.

All in all, we had a Wonderful FUN time!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you invited me!!! I had a really good time!!

    ReplyDelete